Rigor in your Classroom
with Barbara Blackburn
8 November 2023
8.00am - 9.00am AEDT
Non Member - $130
ACEL Member - $110
Combine and Save
*Receive a discount when you combine your registration with a new ACEL membership
Group Rates (3+)
Non Member - $115 pp
ACEL Member - $95 pp
Do you want to increase rigour in your school? In our interactive session, we’ll explore leadership strategies to help you accomplish your goal.
1. Discuss options for building ownership.
2. Examine ways to build a shared vision among stakeholders.
3. Explore strategies for creating a culture that supports rigour in the classroom.
4. Develop an action plan for application of strategies in your school (or whatever word you want here).
Who Will Benefit:
All leaders and aspiring leaders who wish to increase rigour in their schools through improved leadership skills will benefit from this session.
Ranked in the Top 10 Global Gurus in Education,
Barbara has dedicated her life to raising the level of rigor and
motivation for professional educators and students alike. What
differentiates Barbara's over 30 books are her easily executable
concrete examples based on decades of experience as a teacher,
professor, and consultant. Barbara's dedication to education was
inspired in her early years by her parents, Bob and Rose. Her father's
doctorate and lifetime career as a professor taught her the importance
of professional training. Her mother's career as school secretary shaped
Barbara's appreciation of the effort all staff play in the education of
Barbara has taught early childhood, elementary, middle, and high
school students and has served as an educational consultant for three
publishing companies. She holds a master's degree in school
administration and is certified as both a teacher and a school principal
in North Carolina. She received her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Teaching
from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. In 2006, she
received the award for Outstanding Junior Professor at Winthrop
University. She recently left her position at the University of North
Carolina at Charlotte to write and speak full-time.
In addition to speaking at state and national conferences, she also
regularly presents workshops for teachers and administrators in
elementary, middle, and high schools. Her workshops are lively and
engaging and filled with practical information. Her most popular topics
- Rigor is NOT a Four Letter Word
- Rigorous Schools and Classrooms: Leading the Way
- Rigorous Assessments
- Rigor and Differentiation in the Classroom
- Motivation + Engagement + Rigor = Student Success
- Research-Based Engaging Instruction Leads to Higher Achievement
- High Expectations and Increased Support Lead to Success